Thursday, July 5, 2012

Just a new post, that's all

Wow, I can't believe it's been so long since I posted. I'm back for a short one...unless I get going and can't stop. I'm super tired, so it could go either way. Last night was my least favorite night of the year. I *hate* the 4th of July, solely because of fireworks. Last night they were loud loud loud, and when you have to get up at 1 AM for work, it's not fun to get woken up not once, but twice, *before* my alarm went off. I was not happy, but I won't get into the details of my sleep in this blog.

I don't really have much to blog about, as nothing significant has happened (or at least I feel that way, but I guess to an extent *everything* God does in our lives should have significance to us) and I don't want to do another preachy blog...yet...that might just come tomorrow. Depends on how I sleep I guess. I did just finish reading Soul Detox by Craig Groeshel. Fantastic book, and I think everyone and their mom should read it. Their dad too, and brothers and sisters and...ok I'm sure you get the point (apologies for the weird jokes, but I have become a dad and that inherently gives you a much different sense of humor than you used to have). Oh yeah, the book, that's what I was talking about. It's really convicting, and it will change you. It's just about cleaning up the toxins in your life that poison your soul. Things like anger, bitterness, entertainment choices, things I have no issues with whatsoever. Seriously, every chapter in this book was convicting, but also encouraging, and I am willing to lend out my copy to anyone who wants to read it.

On that note, I'm going to cut this one short and go give Sofi her bath. It's her bed time, and I will be probably not far behind. Good thing I get to sleep in tomorrow. One minor rant; why would a company make it's salesmen work Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday on the BUSIEST week of the year? Talk about screwing sleep schedules...ugh...ok goodnight all and I hope you all had a safe and happy 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment