Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Eliminating Facebook

I am going to be deactivating my Facebook account in the next week. I really don't need it, and I really feel like I waste WAY too much time on it. It is a place where we put on our best and try to make other people jealous of our lives, or try to look uber spiritual and cool. I'm not saying everyone on there is fake, or that every post I do is fake, or anything. I just think it can get that way, and I don't want to get sucked in that kind of thing. I also get on there wondering if anyone commented on my latest status update or if people think I'm cool because of my latest update, or like my profile. I don't need it to keep in contact with people, there are calls that can be made and emails or texts that can be sent instead. I might get rid of Twitter too, and just eliminate social networking all together. I have less problems with Twitter addiction than Facebook addiction, so I will have to re-evaluate in a month or so. It will be weird to get on our computer and click on Facebook and realize I don't have a Facebook account anymore, but I will eventually get used to it and not have that habit anymore. I might sound like an old person, but I really want my security and self-worth to be wrapped in Jesus rather than what people think about my life and latest status update. Maybe I'm being over dramatic, but maybe I'm trying to just eliminate distractions from God and what He is doing in my life. I want to be able to focus on Him, and if I'm focused on the happenings on Facebook more than Him, I have a problem. Anyways, if you want to contact me and Facebook was your main way, my email is justinjjohnston@comcast.net and if you want my phone number, email me. I'm not posting THAT on my blog! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment